Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The 4th of July

What a busy day we had! It was a great day and had a blast. We started our day off by attending our ward activity at 9am for some breakfast.

I was to over see the Young Women in face painting and they did a great job.


Lylah got her face painted and that wasn't the easiest thing to do, but she looked so cute with a little firework on her cheek.


Then are noon Stephanie and "G" came over and we headed to the pool.  It was nice having them and Sean around because I never get to lay out because it is always just Lylah and I, but this time Sean was there to tend to her so I could soak up a few rays.

After a couple hours of swimming we went home and started preparing the food for our little BBQ. I am terrible at remembering to take pics , so sorry. We had hamburgers, hotdogs, chips and a yummy watermelon and grilled some zucchini and peppers. Mmmmm

At around 6:45 we arrived at our final destination, Rockwall, TX to watch the fireworks.  I new that there was a spray ground there but didn't think that Lylah would get in it since we went swimming earlier that day.  Well we happened to see a few people from church and one of Lylah's babysitters was there and took her to the spray ground.  Any guesses on what came back to me?  A wet baby.  Lylah loves water so I should have known so she got to walk around in her diaper for a while until her dress dried.  haha I love that little girl!



Finally at almost 10 the show started and we had a cranky baby, but we made it through it.  We love this tradition we started last year with Stephanie and Gerardo on the 4th of July and hope to continue it. 








No comments: