Thursday, April 30, 2009

Observation Time

A couple of weekends ago I decided to go home and visit my family. Sean had to stay in Clovis to keep work flowing nicely and also because he is in Las Vegas till Sunday! Jealous need I say more. It was really nice being able to see how much my nieces have grown since Christmas. My sister and I had a blast as usual when I visit and whats funny is we really don't do that much. I am so lucky to have a great sister. I just remember when we were young and we would pull each others hair out, kick, fight, and punch each other. I am so glad things are not that way anymore. We are very opposite people and when I was younger I thought that meant we just weren't suppose to get along, but now we just work. Things she won't say, I say them for her and when I say too much she stops me. I am just so proud of all she has accomplished in just these past few years, she has changed her life tremendously and I think it is because of my niece Timber. Samantha is such a good example to her and is teaching her everyday. My mom on the other had is a nut. She has never been the one to do things for herself and lately she has. I know this sounds silly but she now gets her nails done. Why does she need her nails done she is an older women and it just isn't necessary, but it makes her so happy. I love seeing my mom happy because she was so unhappy for a long time. Another thing I observed while at home was that my dad is becoming healthier. Growing up we always at fried chicken, chicken fried steak, fried squash,okra, pretty much anything fried. Now my dad has cut that out and takes vitamins and eats fruit and salad. The last day I was there we attended a baseball game for Josh, one of my nephews. Both my brothers, their wives and kids, my sister, dad, and step mom were there. Not very often does that happen besides Christmas or Thanksgiving. I just loved every minute of it watching my nephew play baseball with my brother coaching him. My dad and brothers standing up at the fence yelling for my nephew to watch the ball. My sister, sister-in-law and step mom playing with my new little niece Emma. All in all i love my family and I know we disagree on a lot, but they are my family. Here are a few pictures from the trip.




1 comment:

Jason, Kiersten, Jace, and Livi Bree said...

Hey! It's elder curtis' sister. I'm glad I finally got your blog address. Thanks for taking care of my little bro. He loved Clovis. It looks like you had fun visiting your family:)