Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Fourth of July Weekend

I really love not working a retail job anymore because I get to be off on holidays that normally I would have had to work. And because Sean is a manager he makes his own schedule so we are able to do things when we want.

Saturday Sean got off work at 6pm and his mall had a little festival going on, but that didn't last long for us because it began raining and I was so sad because I wanted to watch fireworks. So we switched things around a little bit and had Stephanie and Gerardo over to watch the UFC fight and that was a blast. We all love it and people think I am crazy because I am screaming at the TV like they can really hear me. They stayed the night and went to Sean's parents ward on Sunday.

Sunday we had a family BBQ with Sean's siblings because his parents where in Utah. We had burgers, hotdogs, chips, watermelon, ice cream and strawberries. Very simple, but we all had a great time. Stephen and Seth went and did fireworks with friends and the rest of us went to Harry Myers Park in Rockwall to watch the firework show. We got there about 6:30pm and played card games and I NEVER. Lylah was so good and had her own little toys to play with. She feel asleep right before the show started and I was nervous the noise would scare her, but it wasn't too bad. She only opened her eyes a few times. Then we came home and got ready for Monday.



Monday the four of us again and Lylah went to the Dallas World Aquarium. Sean has been dying to go since we moved back and he finally got what he wanted. It was so awesome and will have to go to the Ft. Worth Zoo when it cools down a little. After that we went to Chuy's and had yummy fajitas.


It was a great weekend spending time with family and being stress free for a couple of days. I really loved it because I got to get out of the house unlike every other day during the week.

2 comments:

Brent said...

you guys have so much fun all the time. Lylah is so cute

Sean and Sarah Russell said...

Thank you! She is a lot of fun and we love having her around!!