Friday, April 15, 2011

Shocked....

So I talked to Sean the other night and mentioned to him about writing a post about some changes in our family.  I am not so sure how to put it or what to really say, so to just lay it out there Sean is no longer working for the Buckle.  This has been super difficult on our family because we feel like a piece of us died. I also feel like we are back a square one.  We have been with Buckle for about 4 years since we got married and it is really of we have known.  We thought that Sean would move up in the company and we relied on it for many things.  Example buying clothes at 40% off, them paying our entire insurance premium, getting an annual bonus, monthly bonuses and more.  We don't really want to go into detail because we are sick of talking about it and if you want to know call Sean.  In short, he was treated poorly and done dirty.  We don't want to talk negative about Buckle because we love it, but things don't always turn out the way you want them. This happened on Friday, April 1st and no it wasn't an April fools joke. I wish though.
Over the years Sean has networked and had several opportunities and decided to work for a friend hopefully soon managing one of their stores.  He started that next Tuesday so we really didn't skip a beat.  We feel as though this has actually been a blessing because now he can finish his education and realize how important it is.  Also he gets to be home more which we love of course.  It is crazy how life changes so fast. I look back a year ago and it was so different not necessary in a good or bad way just different.  One thing I am grateful for is our Heavenly Father and how he watches over us and that if we are doing our PART, then he will step in and bless us. 

2 comments:

The JL McGregor Family said...

Sarah--I had no idea... I've been stuck in my own little world. It sounds like things are working out, but let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Jeff n Jill said...

I'm sorry this happened, but I'm glad that y'all are finding some postives out of this experience. Good luck with the new job!