Monday, August 2, 2010

Wonderful Thursdays

I was so excited when I found out our ward was having a volleyball team. When we lived in Clovis I played pretty regularly with some ladies and absolutely loved it. I became more familiar with the game and learned some techniques to actually play a decent game. So like I said I was pumped that our ward had a team, the only thing is that only 4 people ever come (well once we had six people) and so far we have lost 2 and won 1. I think we get better each week because that is the only time we "Practice." So last Thursday I met Sean up at the Stake Center because the women were playing at 6:45 and the guys at 7:30. So he watched Lylah while I played and vice versa. We won our game and played all three sets and the guys lost playing only two sets. One thing I don't get is that it looks so easy when guys are playing, maybe because they take up more room I'm not sure? Anyway we had a lot of fun and plan on it from here on out.




4 comments:

Luis Merino said...

"If we don't stop them now, they'll just keep on comin'"
--Luis R. Merino, 2003

jill.thackeray said...

It's because they can jump higher. Seriously. :) That's why it looks so easy for them! Haha!

Britt said...

Diggin the knee pads Sar...it shows how serious you are about the game!

carlee said...

Raise the roof girl!!! :)
you are the bomb vball player and i miss you! lyla is getting so big, i just love when babies start fillin' out. so cute!